Book Riot is running a photo contest on their Facebook page. The prize is $100 in books, and my photo (pictured here) was chosen as a finalist! Check it out, and if you like one (that pretty red one, maybe?), click “like” to give it your support.
The books in my photo represent the genres I most enjoy through the loveliest books I own, including both those I’ve read and those I plan to read:
- Literary fiction (Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel, A Gesture Life by Chang Rae Lee)
- International fiction (Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe)
- Historical fiction (Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir)
- Young adult (Fire by Kristin Cashore)
- Fantasy/alternate history (Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke)
- Dystopian fiction (When She Woke by Hillary Jordan)
- Classic lit (Dante’s Inferno, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, A Tale of Two Cities and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens)
The background is a wall hanging my parents gave my husband and I when were were engaged. Books have always been a strong common interest that has brought my husband and I together time and again, so it seemed like an appropriate choice for this photo! Red is also a color we both love.
Which of your most beautiful books would you choose to represent your favorite genres?